Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 2000 19:20:01 +0900 (JST)
From:      Yasuhito FUTATSUKI <futatuki@debug.gr.jp>
To:        logix@foobar.franken.de
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: libparanoia (Re: duplicating a cd)

In article <20000304141628.A19782@foobar.franken.de>
logix@foobar.franken.de writes:

> I was never able to extract audio tracks using cdrdao 1.1.3 with
> a "PLEXTOR CD-ROM PX-40TS 1.01" drive.
> What driver do you use?  cdrdao recognizes my drive, so I doubt

My drive is 'PLEXTOR CD-R   PX-R412C  Rev: 1.03'. If I don't specify
driver in command line, cdrdao says:

  Using driver: Generic SCSI-3/MMC - Version 1.0 (data) (options 0x0005)

Reading with plextor driver, with no flag or flag 1 also works, but
with flag 3, audio extraction failed.

> that this is the problem:
>
> PRODUCT ID: 'CD-ROM PX-40TS'
>
> Using driver: Plextor CD-ROM Reader (scanning) - Version 1.0 (options 0x0000)

Try driver plextor driver with option flags 1.
(see /usr/local/share/doc/cdrdao/README)

> The libparanoia-webpage (http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/) also
> mentions its unportability a few times (and says that this will
> change in future releases).

I think your case is not a problem of libparanoia, but of plextor driver.

Regards,
Yasuhito