Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:52:44 -0500
From:      "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-new-bus@freebsd.org
Subject:   Spring Break and CardBus

Spring break has descended upon me, and I find myself with less overwork,
enough so that I think I can finish up an alpha CardBus port in this next
week.  What I need is some answers to a couple of questions.  The first
is regarding resource allocation.  Normally this is done for us by the
BIOS when it walks the PCI bus is my understanding.  This is,
understandably, not possible with something dynamic like CardBus.

What I have is a card is inserted into socket 0, it asks for 4k of memory
space, and 16 bytes of IO space.  I need to allocate this space out of the
pool available to its parent controller (also, in some cases I need to
allocate it to the parent controller in the first place).  How do I do this?
What about IRQ binding?

As above mentioned, I sometimes need to configure the parent controller
itself... in these cases I also need to assign PCI bus numbers... how
do I do this?

--
David Cross                               | email: crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Acting Lab Director                       | NYSLP: FREEBSD