Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2000 07:22:00 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        "Nick Loman" <nick@loman.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 10 days

Hosts.allow only protects applications that have been linked with
libwrap, e.g. inetd, portmap, and sshd.  To protect services that
aren't libwrap aware, your options are ipfw or ipfilter.  I've used
both and both do a good job.

For examples, take a look at freebsddiary.com.

Team Leader, Sun/DEC Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA