Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 2000 15:48:58 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry@digital.dp.ua>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ssh2 bypasses host.allow in /etc/login.conf?

Hello!

 I've just discovered that ssh2 on FreeBSD bypasses host.allow check in
/etc/login.conf while ssh1 does not! That is, I've added a user with a class
guest and added a login class guest into /etc/login.conf:

guest:\
        :host.allow=192.168.18.*:\
        :tc=default:

So I want to deny such user's login from any machine except one of our local
networks. I've checked telnet,ftp,rlogin,rsh,ssh1 - all those utilities
honoured login restriction. While ssh2 does not.
 Is it known problem? Does the solution exist?

Sincerely, Dmitry

Dnipropetrovsk State University,        E-mail:  dmitry@digital.dp.ua
Physical Faculty,                       WWW:      http://ff.dsu.dp.ua
Department of Experimental Physics
Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine                 FTP:  ftp://digital.dp.ua/DEC