Date:      Tue, 2 Oct 2001 14:27:11 +0200
From:      "Svensson, Martin" <Martin.Svensson@eds.com>
To:        "'freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NFS Trouble with NT-Clients

Hi!

We're using a FreeBSD 4.0 installation as an NFS-server and we have
NT-server as clients accessing them using the software diskaccess.
The trouble is that sometimes the client can't access the NFS shares and we
get "Mount request from unprivileged port" on the server. When searching for
this topic I found that you can use a -p option to the mount command, but
that isn't available in NT. So does anyone know how we can solve this issue?

My rc.conf has a line saying: nfs_reserved_port_only="NO" .

I'm grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks,
Martin