Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2001 17:08:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Sellens <jsellens@generalconcepts.com>
To:        bts@babbleon.org, joe@tao.org.uk
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vmware networking - really sysmouse complaints

I had the same /dev/sysmouse complaint, and then I adjusted my
configuration (based on someone else's config), and all was
happy happy.

I have a laptop with a ps/2 mouse.  My mouse configuration in vmware is:
  type ps/2
  specify
  /dev/sysmouse
My /dev/sysmouse is this:
    crw-------  1 root  wheel   12, 128 Dec 31 05:36 /dev/sysmouse
I don't appear to have any mouse-related deviced in /compat/linux/dev,
and I'm not running moused.  My XF86Config has PS/2 and /dev/psm0
for the pointer.

Hope this helps

John
jsellens@generalconcepts.com