Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 13:03:09 +0200
From:      Andreas Wideroe Andersen <andreas@kpnqwest.no>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, jus@security.za.net (Justin Stanford)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gigabyte 1U GS-SR101 Server and Onboard Intel NIC trouble.. anyone?

At 17:59 15.09.01 -0400, Mike Tancsa wrote:
>On 15 Sep 2001 10:47:38 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.hardware you wrote:
>

> >Has anyone else experienced this trouble? I hesitate to think that it is=
> >faulty NIC, but that's all I can think of right now.. is there a known
> >problem with FreeBSD and this hardware? GNATS and a search of the=
 mailling
> >lists doesn't seem to reveal anything.
> >

>Is this board based on the Intel 815e chipset by chance ? The Intel NICs on
>those boards need 4.4Release (or 4.3 STABLE from late August) to work
>properly.

I've got an Aopen MX3S motherboard with Intel 815e chipset and an onboard=20
Intel NIC. I'm having problems with timouts. Whenever I'm updating ports or=
=20
when there is massive traffic going through the NIC I get:

fxp0: Device timout or fxp0: scb timeout

I just got 4.3 RELEASE installed after trying 30 times, now I want to=20
upgrade to STABLE, but am unable to retrieve the latest distributions.

I've been reading about this problem on websites and in mailinglists and it=
=20
seems to be a bug in the driver. Is this bug fixed in the 4.4 version of=20
FreeBSD?

Thanks for any help!

/Andreas

---