Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2001 09:00:30 +0100
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, shupilov@tb.by (shupilov)
Subject:   Re: sendmail question

> i got sendmail 8.12.1 on my FreeBSD box but i do need to install
> sendmail 8.11.4 with AVP on it
>
> i tried just to follow the install instruction
> tar xvfz sendmail***.tar.gz
> cd sendmail***
> make
> make install
> without AVP it works fine but when i add the necessary command to
> start avp daemon and options in sendmail.cf and try to start sendmail
> #/usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -q30
> i receive abuse from sendmail :(

What does it complain?
The reason it won't work shall be loggen in /var/log/mail

Do you need MILTER for the AVP?
Then add to yopur /etc/make.conf
SENDMAIL_WITH_MILTER=YES

please try to use the port sendmail-old (8.11.6)
$ cd /usr/ports/mail/sendmail-old && make && make install && make mailer.conf

or the latest sendmail (8.12.1)
$ cd /usr/ports/mail/sendmail && make && make install && make mailer.conf

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany