Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:32:09 -0400
From:      Damien Tougas <damien@tougas.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   A Quick Reference Guide

Hello,

I have been toying with the idea of writing a quick reference quide for
FreeBSD, something that people could have on thier desk for easy
command reference. It would be designed to show how to do specific,
common tasks, without going into great depth (letting that be the job
of books and man pages). This would probably not be of much use for
seasoned experts (at least initially), but might be a good resource for
someone who is new to the OS (perhaps newbies, and others more
experienced who are crossing over from other OSs).

Anyways, I have began putting some thoughts onto paper, and thought
people might like to take a look before I get too far. A VERY
preliminary starting point can be seen by downloading
http://www.tougas.net/QuickRef.pdf

I would be interested in hearing peoples ideas on the subject, and if
there are any requests as to what you might like to see included. Some
things that I thought about including are (in addition to basic
commands), reference pages for stuff like vi, subnet calculations, and
a page with helpful tips and tricks.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

--