Date:      Sat, 21 Sep 2002 21:39:02 +0100
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vmware2 fix for fo_ioctl api change

In message <20020902224546.GA715@laptop.6bone.nl>, Mark Santcroos writes:
>I'm getting this, so thats probably not the thing your patch is fixing.
>(I tried it also actually)
>
>--------
>linux: 'ioctl' fd=10, cmd=0x5401 ('T',1) not implemented
>dscheck(md0): bio_bcount 1648 is not on a sector boundary (ssize 512)

Sorry for the long delay in replying. I was able to successfully
install 4.5-RELEASE in a vmware running on -current (SMP) with the
patch. The error above refers to md0 - are you using md devices
as part of the VMware configuration? I just created a virtual IDE
disk and used that as the disk on which to do the install.

Ian