Date:      Sun, 28 Jul 2002 09:36:31 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Jan Goebel <jgoebel@rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I can only get half the internet!

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Jan Goebel wrote:

> I set up an isdn card in my freebsd-box. I can connect to my provider, ping,
> traceroute, resolve names, or work on remote hosts using ssh.
> But I can't do anything else e.g. cvsup or even view webpages!

Finally I found out what the problem was:
I exchanged the card with an older one which had another chip (Teles 16.3
PNP) and so used another driver (isic instead of ihfc). Everything worked
fine!
The ihfc driver is still 'somewhat experimental', but I expected it to work
in a standard setup like mine and I thought, that if I can send pings, the
driver works.

JAN