Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:35:53 +0200
From:      Jakob Alvermark <alvis@home.se>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.3 -> 4.6 pcm driver changed?

Hi!

I have a Dell Latitude CP with a built in soundcard, CS 4237B.
I used run 4.3-RELEASE with 'options PNPBIOS' in kernel config and 'snd_mss=
_load=3D"YES"' and it worked fine.
Now I've upgraded to 4.6.2-RELEASE and it does not work anymore. What has c=
hanged?

I noticed 'unknown: <CSC0000> can't assign resources' at boot, and I know i=
t wasn't there when I ran 4.3-RELEASE.

Another difference I noticed is that the PC Cards I have (modem and etherne=
t) get different irq's now. The modem also works much better.

Anyone have any advice on what to do?

Greetings
Jakob