Date:      Sun, 6 Oct 2002 10:34:07 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Bart Smit <bit@signature.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   versioning

Hello,

I'm following the RELENG_4 branch and as far as I can tell I'm using the
very latest from that branch. My box is telling me it's a 4.7-RC.

Yet, on this list, I see regular references to 4.7-RC2 and sometimes
even 4.7-PRERELEASE.  It may be me, but I have no clue what these are.

What are the other versions? How does one get RC2? Is there a separate
prerelease-branch somewhere that I'm missing?

--Bart