Date:      Sun, 13 Jul 2003 16:59:56 +0300
From:      "Boris Georgiev" <maav@bastun.net>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, <wpaul@windriver.com>
Subject:   Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5705M support

Hello All,=20

I've got a Compaq Evo N620c notebook, which comes with a built-in lan =
network card - Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5705M. I researched on the hardware =
support for this NIC in FreeBSD and noticed that there is no hardware =
support for it either in the STABLE, or in the CURRENT distribution. I =
found that there is Linux driver for this NIC, which can be downloaded =
from the 3Com web site on the following address:

http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/nic/linux/bcm5700-5.0.5.tar.gz

The driver comes as a RedHat binary, Linux kernel patch and standalone =
source.=20
Can you, please update me if there is an updated if_bge driver, which =
includes hardware support for this new chip or if someone is porting =
this driver for FreeBSD and there is a beta version, I can cooperate =
with testing it.=20

Boris Georgiev