Date:      Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:34:45 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Fwd: Re: Native JDK with libthr/libkse

I think this message fraom Daniel Eischen to the freebsd-current list is
worth noting.

Ciao,
Sheldon.

----- Forwarded message from Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet.com> -----

Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 07:49:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet.com>
To: Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
cc: Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Native JDK with libthr/libkse

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On (2003/06/01 23:53), Narvi wrote:
>
> > > The absence of credible Java support in FreeBSD has lost us significant
> > > penetration in the past, and it would be disastrous if the perceptions
> > > of the past shaped the future.
> >
> > credible rather sounds like 'comes on the installation cd, doesn't have
> > significantly more bugs than linux/solaris/xxx version' 8-(
>
> And I think we'll get there.

And I encourage the java developers to let us threads guys know
what they're having problems with.  It has been stated that
jdk is not guaranteed to work with anything but libc_r, so
contact us over at threads@.  We want to see a fast and stable
jdk as much as anyone else does.

--
Dan Eischen