Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:59:27 -0600
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Luis_Guzm=E1n?= <luis@galileo.or.cr>
To:        "FreeBSD-config" <freebsd-config@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Upgrading from sysinstall

Hello!
This could be a stupid question, but I don't wanna cause any mess on my =
system. I'd like to upgrade my FreeBSD version from 4.6.2 to 4.8 using =
sysinstall. I was reading articles about it but no one says nothing =
about one note I found in the FreeBSD Homepage:

Important: These notes assume that you are using the version of =
sysinstall(8) supplied with the version of FreeBSD to which you intend =
to upgrade. Using a mismatched version of sysinstall(8) is almost =
guaranteed to cause problems and has been known to leave systems in an =
unusable state. The most commonly made mistake in this regard is the use =
of an old copy of sysinstall(8) from an existing installation to upgrade =
to a newer version of FreeBSD. This is not recommended.

What I get here is I need the sysinstall version from FreeBSD 4.8 for =
upgrading my system instead of the one on 4.6.2? It confuses me... =
What's the right way to upgrade the OS using sysinstall? Can someone =
answer this, please?

Thanks in advance!!!

Luis G.