Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:22:53 +0100 (CET)
From:      Olaf Hoyer <ohoyer@ohoyer.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Anyone success with SUN V40z?

Hi there,

just wondering if anyone has a SUN V40z with 4 CPUs successfully running
with FreeBSD 5.3- Have had the opportunity to get hold of one machine
for a few hours before "official tests" began, and there were
reproducable errors regarding the SCSI subsystem.

During the installation, sysinstall came up, disks (RAID 1) were seen,
partitioning/newfs went ahead, after copying the first distribution
sets, the controller went hickup, and gave some timeouts/buffer related
issues. (Sorry I didn't wrote them down, as I got only limited time with
that box)

The box is currently deployed with RedHat, and after some minutes
compiling, it also crashes sometimes- Do we only have bad luck with
flaky hardware, that is being transported too often and being badly
shaken, oder are there some issues with perhaps firmware revisions etc?

TIA
Olaf

--
Olaf Hoyer        ohoyer@ohoyer.de
Fuerchterliche Erlebniss geben zu raten,