Date:      Thu, 1 Jan 2004 03:45:44 -0500
From:      Jerry A! <jerry@thehutt.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   DWL-650/-stable Woes (busy bit won't clear)

I'm trying to get a DWL-650b working on a -stable system and not
having any luck.

Looks like this is a new rev of the card, so it wasn't recognized by
pccardd.  No problem, I just created the following pccard.conf entry:

    card "D-Link" "DWL-650 Wireless PC Card RevP"
        config auto "wi" ?
        insert /etc/pccard_ether $device start
        remove /etc/pccard_ether $device stop

Now the card is recognized.  However I get the following errors:

    wi0 at port 0x280-0x2ff irq 9 slot 0 on pccard0
    wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
    wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
    wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
    wi0: init failed
    wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
    wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
    wi0: mac read failed 5
    device_probe_and_attach: wi0 attach returned 5

I haven't found anything useful pertaining to -stable in the archives.
Anyone out there seen something like this and can offer some pointers?

Thanks in advance...

        --Jerry

ps--Happy New Year

--
"Hey!!! These floors are dirty as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore."
        -- Stanley Spadowski, "UHF"