Date:      Sun, 19 Jun 2005 00:53:28 +0000
From:      "DANIEL hoggan" <danny280279@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Standard GUI for UNIX at the system level

Is there any reason as to why X cannot be rewrote to be the standard
interface to UNIX?  If there is please tell me so that I don't bug everyone
on this list with pointless questions about upgrading the X interface so
that it accepts PDF protocols for it's rendering capabilities.  OR about
adding a common installation program for easier manipulation of apps based
upon a standard X format.  That all desktops could use for the installation
of their programs.  OR about working on a common interface that allowed
experienced users the full power of the UNIX api, and could introduce new
users to an easy to use OS.  IS there any reason why this can't be done
given the abilities of the Open Source community in reference to Gnome/KDE?

And if you want to know why I wrote to this mailing list it's because YOU
are the maintainers of the SYSTEM upon which our standard interface will be
run.

It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger 7.0 today!
http://messenger.msn.co.uk