Date:      Sat, 12 Aug 2006 21:23:04 -0500
From:      "Travis H." <solinym@gmail.com>
To:        "Bill Marquette" <bill.marquette@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firewall

As I remember it, the only feature IPFilter had that I used that pf
doesn't have was the ability to simulate throwing packets at it and
see what their disposition is.  I wrote a test harness to check the
sanity of my firewalls, before committing them to CVS.

I highly recommend switching to pf.  I haven't followed ipfilter, but
it's encumbered and last I checked (a _long_ time ago), it didn't have
packet scrubbing or nearly 50% of the features of pf.
Unix "guru" for rent or hire -><- http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/
GPG fingerprint: 9D3F 395A DAC5 5CCC 9066  151D 0A6B 4098 0C55 1484