Date:      Sat, 14 Jan 2006 16:02:25 -0800
From:      Micah <micahjon@ywave.com>
To:        Bob Willson <jeremywillson@yahoo.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Difficulty asking questions

Bob Willson wrote:
> --- Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu> wrote:
>
>> At 9:29 AM +1100 1/15/06, Bob Willson wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I have been trying to ask questions of this forum
>> for
>>> some time now but my questions seem to vanish into
>> the
>>> wild blue ether.  :(
>>>
>>> It is possible that my ISP has been blacklisted for
>>> this forum, how do I tell? My usual address (and
>> the
>>> one which I registered) is:
>>> jwillson@brisbane.apana.org.au
>>>
>>> I am sending this through a Yahoo email address to
>> see
>>>  if this works.
>> If it helps, I did see this message of yours from
>> the
>> freebsd-questions mailing list.  I usually just skim
>> through this mailing list though, so I have no idea
>> if
>> if your previous messages (from some other address?)
>> also made it through.
>>
>> It is true that this list is busy enough that
>> questions
>> can get lost.  Which is to say, everyone *receives*
>> the
>> message, but no one actually replies to it simply
>> because
>> they're too busy with other things.
> OK, thanks for the replies
> I did get this through the Yahoo mail address on the
> web interface.
> I have checked all my settings on the
> freebsd-questions web page as well and they are all
> correct.
> I get the two or three daily reports FROM the forum,
> but I just don't seem able to post TO it. Any ideas
> why not?
>> --
>> Garance Alistair Drosehn            =
>> gad@gilead.netel.rpi.edu
>> Senior Systems Programmer           or
>> gad@freebsd.org
>> Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or
>> drosih@rpi.edu

I had the same problem, I could receive I just couldn't send to /any/
freebsd.org list.  I can't track down the emails right now, but I
believe it was either postmaster@freebsd.org or freebsd-questions-owner@
who helped me figure out that my ISP had DNS issues.  With his help I
emailed my ISP support line and they fixed their problem (I was
surprised!)  So you should probably start by emailing one of the address
I listed to see if they can help you track down your problem.

HTH,
Micah