Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2006 11:54:27 -0400
From:      "Alexandre \"Sunny\" Kovalenko" <Alex.Kovalenko@verizon.net>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB bluetooth dongles

On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 17:47 +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> [...]
<snip>
> > At least on my system (-CURRENT as of July 9) sys/dev/usb/usb_port.h
> > merely includes sys/dev/usb2/usb_port.h,
>
> Right, it should be "usb2/usb_port.h", sorry.
>
> > so I have patched that instead.
> > Kernel build was successfull, but attempt to load ng_ubt module results
> > in
> >
> > link_elf: symbol usbd_driver_load undefined
>
> That should not happen. Did you load "usb" first, and then "ng_ubt" ?

I am using wrapper script which loads slew of USB related modules,
including ng_ubt. I have assumed that your stack did not change module
names. If names remained the same, then I have loaded USB module prior
to ng_ubt.

> > This is the system built with configuration AVERATEC from my previous
> > posts.
> >
> > I will try to build kernel with USB inside and see if that fares any
> > better. Might not be until later today or tomorrow though...
>
> Ok.
>
> --HPS
I have built kernel and is booted up successfully.

Here is what I get upon insertion of the dongle #1 (D-Link DBT-120):

usbd_fill_iface_data: invalid wMaxPacketSize, addr=126!
usbd_fill_iface_data: invalid wMaxPacketSize, addr=126!
domainfinalize()
ubt0:ubt_intr_read_complete:881: Invalid HCI event frame size, length=0,
pktlen=7
ubt0:ubt_intr_read_complete:881: Invalid HCI event frame size, length=1,
pktlen=7
ng_hci_process_command_timeout: ubt0hci - unable to complete HCI command
OGF=0x3, OCF=0x3. Timeout

lines, offset with >>>>>> were present before I installed your USB stack
and driver and did not seem to prevent dongle from working.

Here is what I get upon insertion of the dongle #2 (3Com 3CREB96):

usbd_fill_iface_data: invalid wMaxPacketSize, addr=126!
usbd_fill_iface_data: invalid wMaxPacketSize, addr=126!
ubt0: <3Com Bluetooth dongle, class 224/1, rev 1.10/1.15, addr 126>
ubt0:ubt_intr_read_complete:881: Invalid HCI event frame size, length=0,
pktlen=7
ubt0:ubt_intr_read_complete:881: Invalid HCI event frame size, length=0,
pktlen=7
ubt0:ubt_intr_read_complete:881: Invalid HCI event frame size, length=0,
pktlen=7
ng_hci_process_command_timeout: ubt0hci - unable to complete HCI command
OGF=0x3, OCF=0x3. Timeout

Unfortunately, I have not used this dongle on this machine, so I have no
dmesg for comparison.

l2ping claims that network is down in both cases, which is, probably
expected, given error messages above.

--
Alexandre Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)