Date:      Sun, 26 Oct 2008 03:18:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      7charlie <melissa-nabble@littlebluecar.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: altq: dynamic queues

cnupm wrote:

> My English is no good, so I tried to describe what I want at this example:
>
> ### /etc/pf.conf
> altq on bge0 bandwidth 10Mb hfsc queue { u1_in, u1_out, u2_in, u2_out...}
> anchor users_queues
>
> block all
> anchor users_rules
>
> ### When user connected - teke parameter $x from DB (for example) and
> execute:
> echo "queue u1_in bandwidth 1Kb hfsc (upperlimit $xKb)" | pfctl -a
> user_queues:u1_in -f -
> echo "queue u1_out bandwidth 1Kb hfsc (upperlimit $xKb)" | pfctl -a
> user_queues:u1_out -f -
> *** ... users_rules... ***
>
> I know: it doesn't works - it's simplest way (with my English) to explain
> what I wont.
> How to dynamicly create/delete queues?

I worked around this by telling PF to only reload the queue section of the
file.

I generate the queues from a mysql database, writing into /etc/pf.conf.  I
put the "pass" rules that assign the queue into an anchor called
classify_rules.

then execute:

pfctl -A -f /etc/pf.conf
pfctl -a classify_rules -f /etc/pf-classify.conf

This doesn't reload any of the main rules, and doesn't reset counters except
in the anchor and for the queues.

Quoted from:
http://www.nabble.com/altq%3A-dynamic-queues-tp15260126p15260126.html