Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 2008 16:13:14 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for comments - pkg_trans

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 16:59:03 +0000 (UTC)
Marcin Wisnicki <mwisnicki+freebsd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Though it would be usefull to have a full log of package operations in
> machine and human readable format for review/auditing and similar
> purposes.

ah. nice thought. something that kicks in when /var/db/pkg/* is modified in any
way - independent of which application changes /var/db/pkg/* (not sure if this
can be implemented now...but maybe all of pkg_* , portmaster,etc can be
modified...).

I currently keep track of this using SVN and 2 test files : one with pkgs
installed + versions, and the other just with origin directories (which is more
useful when I want to know port was added or removed, rather than upgraded).

definitely more thinking needed...but i like where this is going ;)
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway
where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a
negative side." Hunter S. Thompson

Warned.