Date:      Sat, 22 Aug 2015 16:35:34 -1000
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        gecko@freebsd.org
Subject:   Google Maps no longer draws the map!

For the past week or so, Google Maps has stopped working. It draws the page
with all of the "normal" decorations, informs me that it is running "Lite
mode" (???), and that is it. No map appears. The "normal" stuff includes
that search bar, the satellite button, the usual Google stuff in the upper
right and the buttons and scale in the lower right.

If I click "Satellite", the correct image is displayed, but no pins or any
other information is drawn. The image in the "Map" button is now all gray.
I get the following errors:
** (firefox:40974): CRITICAL **: gst_app_src_set_size: assertion
'GST_IS_APP_SRC (appsrc)' failed

** (firefox:40974): CRITICAL **: gst_app_src_set_size: assertion
'GST_IS_APP_SRC (appsrc)' failed

** (firefox:40974): CRITICAL **: gst_app_src_set_size: assertion
'GST_IS_APP_SRC (appsrc)' failed

Any ideas on what is going on here? I now am having to run Chromium to use
Maps.

This may be tied to the latest Gnome3 update as it seems to have started
just after I went from 3.14 to 3.16.
--
Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com