Date:      Sun, 20 Dec 2015 17:50:28 +0100
From:      Michael Grimm <trashcan@odo.in-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to define the order of starting jails?

Hi =E2=80=94

[Background: I wish to run (some of my) ezjail-made jails and VNET which =
cannot be done by ezjail, natively.]

But I found a way to mix both ezjail and basic jail(8) functionality. =
It's quite easy to fire up ezjail-made jails defined in jail.conf by =
jail. And, now I can apply VNET to those jails I do wish to run their =
own network stacks. That's all working well.

But I am bit stuck in finding a way to start my jails in a pre-defined =
order (e.g. first DNS, then mail, =E2=80=A6). Well, I can achieve that =
during boot time by using jail_list=3D"dns mail =E2=80=A6" in rc.conf. =
But, this is respected during boot time, *only*. Whenever I do run a =
"jail -rc '*'" that shutdown and starting order becomes arbitrary. It =
doesn't follow the sequence of my jail definitions in jail.conf, either. =
I thoroughly checked the jail.conf(5) man page for a functionality that =
would allow me to define a startup/shutdown sequence, but I couldn't =
find it.

Thus, I might have overlooked it, is there a way to achieve my goal =
using jail and jail.conf?
Or something else?

Thanks and regards,
Michael