Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 2015 15:28:11 -0700
From:      Justin Hibbits <jrh29@alumni.cwru.edu>
To:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Should the MPC8544 root complex really show up as a device?

I'm trying to get the mini-PCIe slot on my RouterBoard RB800 working,
and running into a snag.  It works just fine in RouterOS (Linux), but
on FreeBSD, the card in the slot doesn't show up.  From all my
Googling, it appears the slot should show up on PCIe controller 1, but
the only device that shows up is the root complex as 1/0:0:0, as type
Processor.  Should this show up anyway?  Shouldn't the device behind
it show up instead?

I looked at pciconf -rb pci1:0:0:0 0x404, and the byte there (LTSSM)
reads as 0x16, so I'm assuming that means there's a link on the other
side (I haven't pulled the card to check if that becomes 0 once I pull
it out yet).

There's a comment in the Linux fsl_pci source saying that the root
complex comes up with bogus resources, I don't know if that has
something to do with it.  The rb_pci from DD-WRT adds some extra
stuff, but I don't think it's relevant to this.

Thanks,
Justin