Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 22:38:03 -0500
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        "Ronald Brown <" <Ronald.Brown@mail2.bna.bellsouth.net>, webprof@bellsouth.net
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: E-Mail Server Question

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 02:45:44PM -0500, Ronald Brown wrote:
> Hello Group.
>
> 2 day old newbie here. Quick question on mail servers. I come from a Windows
> Server background. "I Apologize" and have used exchange for many years and
> love it. Are there any programs that come with FreeBSD when you install it
> that compare with Exchange Server 5.5?

No none of them compare with Exchange since they all seem to have some
stability and function according to the accepted RFCs and other
standards.

Anyway, FreeBSD comes with sendmail(8) in the basic distribution
(www.sendmail.org). sendmail is to a large extent THE standard
Internet MTA. However, in the ports collection there are many other
MTAs you may be interested in, postfix and qmail two name two popular
ones.