Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 1997 08:06:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Keith Leonard <keithl@wakko.gil.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Surrender To SCSI

Howdy,

OK - I've surrendered to SCSI (Iomega Zip SCSI insider) - and removed my
3010 (floppy) tape backup. According to a search of the mail archives the
above would work right out of the box (as of Nov 1996) [of course that
would be with a GENERIC	kernel]. I can get on boot-up a recognition of the
SCSI controller and identification of the drive (correct). But when I try
to mount the Zip drive (with every known letter combination) I get no
where. Can someone give the the magic words to open the zip drive. It is
the only SCSI device on my system (and the zip disk are IBM formated).

486DX4/100
1 - Western Digital 850 HD
1 - 3.5 Floppy (Now all alone on a floppy controller)
1 - 4x Cdrom (IDE/ATAPI)
SoundBlaster 16 sound card

my HD is mounted - FreeBSD /dev/wd0a
		   DOS /dev/wd0s1
                   cdrom /dev/wcd0c
                   zip drive /dev/??????
I'm using 2.1.5R

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Keith
keithl@wakko.gil.net
Character is what you are in the dark - John Warfin