Date:      Sat, 14 Sep 1996 13:46:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Frank Seltzer <frankd@yoda.fdt.net>
To:        Henrik Johansson <f94jnh@student.udd.htu.se>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Easy editors

On Sat, 14 Sep 1996, Henrik Johansson wrote:

> I am used to DOS, and I would like to know if there are any EASY
> editors available for Freebsd? The DOS Edit program is so much easier
> to use than vi and emacs, which makes me wonder if the goal of Unix
> programmers has been to make things as insane and user-unfriendly as
> possible? What other reasons could there be?

Power, speed, relatively small size, portable, adaptable to other tasks,
usable in shell scripts and command lines or as building blocks to
construct new and complex commands... shall I go on? :-)

BTW, you might want to look at pico. It comes in the distibution with
pine, the email client.

Frank
--
Only in America can a homeless veteran sleep in a cardboard box while a
draft dodger sleeps in the White House - anonymous