Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 1999 14:50:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Stan Brown <stanb@awod.com>
Subject:   Re: ATAPI_STATIC ?

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Stan Brown wrote:

> 	Putting  together a new -STABLE mahcine today. I was choping sown the
> 	kernel to the minimum, when I noticed that the ATAPI CDROM was no
> 	longer working. Well to make a long earch short, I found out that if I
> 	left the ATAPI_STATIC out of the kernel config, the CD was not found at
> 	boot up.
>
> 	Is this the expected behavio? If so what use is makeint this a loadable
> 	module, if it won't be found at power up?

	Yes, it's known behavior. I'm not sure what -stable branch you're
using, but I thought that the notes had been updated for 3.2-Stable...
maybe not though.

Doug
--
On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only
nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter