Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 2002 12:17:12 -0700
From:      "Riley" <rileyjmc@pacbell.net>
To:        "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: Buildworld fails

Yes, that was the original issue, 'make -j4 buildworld' fails.  I thought
your response of 'installworld' was a typo.  ;-)

So the -j switch isn't the problem?  As indicated by the fact that make
buildworld is still failing, but without the '-j' option at least it fails
with an error message.  I've tried the old (4.6.2) /etc/make.conf and the
new (4.7) one.  If -j indeed was suppressing the error output it looks like
the problem is from a previous install of cyrus-sasl (1), which puts the
headers in
/usr/local/include/sasl

The 4.7 make.conf refers to /usr/local/include/sasl1, which is what the
latest port installs to.  So I'm trying with the new make.conf file (with
sasl enabled) and a new installation of the cyrus-sasl port.  Hope this
works.

(It might be worth noting that the existing build of 4.6.2-RELEASE-p2 did
complete after fixing a somewhat similar problem with enabling sasl in
sendmail.)

What I don't understand is why "make -j4 buildworld" had meaningful error
messages (referring to missing sasl.h and saslutil.h) building 4.6.2 but
nothing in 4.7 until the -j switch was removed?

Riley

Here's the latest error from "make buildworld":

In file included from
/usr/src/lib/libmilter/../../contrib/sendmail/libmilter/sm_gethost.c:14:
/usr/src/lib/libmilter/../../contrib/sendmail/src/sendmail.h:133: sasl.h: No
such file or directory
/usr/src/lib/libmilter/../../contrib/sendmail/src/sendmail.h:134:
saslutil.h: No such file or directory
mkdep: compile failed
*** Error code 1