Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 1996 00:51:04 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Ben Black <black@MR.Net>
To:        Justin Ashworth <ashworth@fubar.cs.montana.edu>
Cc:        "Richie P. Bandales" <richieb@unet.net.ph>, FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: news server

actually, nothing beats raw partitions, as i've said numerous times
here.  i'm hoping to force the innd modifications out into public release
rsn so everyone else can see what our news admin has cooked up.

6 million+ articles per day on a P5-120 is nothing to scoff at.  we just
removed soalris 2.5 from the machine because even after doubling the RAM
to 128MB the performance under heavy load was significantly worse than
under freebsd.

Ben
black@mr.net