Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 15:06:41 +0200
From:      Michael Class <michael_class@bbn.hp.com>
To:        Edwin Culp <eculp@webwizard.org.mx>, Werner Griessl <croot@btp1da.phy.uni-bayreuth.de>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: burn cd ?

Hello,

the short answer to your questions is yes, but ...

Werner, I was using the same setup as you before C-Day. Basically with
CAM, worm is gone. So you have to go to cdrecord. You need a special
version for CAMified FreeBSD, that is most likely the reason why it not
working any more for you, Edwin.

I got the software from
port:
ftp://ftp.kdm.org/pub/FreeBSD/cam/cdrecord-1.6-cam.980709.tar.gz

patch:
ftp://ftp.kdm.org/pub/FreeBSD/cam/cdrecord-1.6.cam_patch.980709

After building cdrecord, I was able to burn cd's.

Michael

Edwin Culp wrote:

> Werner Griessl wrote:

> I have the same question, except I'm using cdrecord, a Mitsubishi
> cdrw226 and an adaptec 2940UW, elf-current.  It was working fine under
> elf until i recompiled kernel this weekend and noticed that I had to
> change sd0 to da0 to get the kernel to compile.  I can still mount cd's
> and read them but every time I try to write it can't access the device.
> I got around this yesterday by booting an old kernel and had no
> problems.
>
> I haven't reported it because I felt I had to be missing something.
>
> Any suggestions will be appreciated.
>
> ed

Michael Class                            E-Mail: michael_class@hp.com
E-Business Solutions Center              Phone:  +49 7031 14-3707
EBSO-SERC                                Fax:    +49 7031 14-4196