Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:45:26 -0400
From:      Justin C Sherrill <justin@shiningsilence.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Gavin Kenny <gavinkenny@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: Recommend a NIC

On Tuesday 17 July 2001 07:18, you wrote:

> My boss has said I can buy some new NIC's. So what
> does everyone suggest?

Other than the occasional glitch, there's very little difference between
Ethernet cards by manufacturer.  Find a cheap one (or 10, in your case), make
sure it's supported, and you will probably be OK.

The difference between, say, a 3Com card and a generic card with a RealTek
chipset is only the price.  My workplace (cable ISP) installs/supplies
several hundred Ethernet cards each week to new customers, and the average
results have borne this out.

Justin