Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 1999 21:19:33 -0500
From:      Fletcher E Kittredge <fkittred@mail.gwi.net>
To:        Keith Stevenson <k.stevenson@louisville.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on the IBM Netfinity

On Sat, 20 Mar 1999 11:08:49 -0500  Keith Stevenson wrote:

> For about the next two weeks I have access to an IBM Netfinity 5500 server.
> (It might be a 5000. I'm not certain.)  The Netware/NT administrator who "owns"
> it has graciously offered it to me for FreeBSD testing.  (He's too far behind
> in his workload to need it right now.)  He doesn't care what we install on it
> as long as he can have it back in working order in two weeks or so.  (The
> poor thing is destined to be an NT server.)  My question to all of you
> (especially the developer types) is what can I do with it in order to assist
> FreeBSD in supporting on this platform?  I'm planning to start by installing
> 3.1 on Monday.  This seems like a good opportunity to get some testing done.

BTW, we run FreeBSD on a box with some of the same features, IBM PC
Server 325.  They have the same onboard Fast/Wide Adaptec controller,
the same onboard AMD 100mb Ethernet, memory architecture, etc.
FreeBSD 3.1 works great on these systems.  We have had no problem
adding additional Ethernet cards.

regards,
fletcher