Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:00:21 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Klaus Steden <klaus@compt.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VPN solutions?

At 05:10 PM 4/25/2000 -0400, Klaus Steden wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We use a commercial firewall/VPN solution for two of our three network
>presences; the third is a FreeBSD box running IPfilter (yay, FreeBSD!)...
>
>I would like to, if possible, integrate this third system, and its subsequent
>network, into the VPN.
>
>What kind of VPN solutions does FreeBSD offer?

What protocols do the other firewalls support ? Some commercial products
support SKIP, and you might in that case use it on FreeBSD. see
http://www.skip.org and /usr/ports/security/skip
Also, you have ipsec available to you. It might interoperate with your
firewalls as well.  Similarly if you have to, /usr/ports/security/poptop
which is MS PPTP might do the trick.

         ---Mike