Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 1997 14:08:08 +0000
From:      lars.falch@dbergstrom.dk
To:        Doug White  <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Installation?

Hi Doug,

> > I download the entire 2.1.17-RELEASE directory I would get
> > the same files several times?

> This directory will be huge.

Yes, i noticed ;-)

> FreeBSD File Requirements:
>
> REQUIRED:
> 	floppies/boot.flp (boot floppy image)
> 	tools/rawrite.exe (DOS bootfloppy image writer)
> 	bin/*
>
> RECOMMENDED:
>  	manpages/
> 	compat*/
> 	doc/  	(at your discretion)
> 	src/ssys.*

Okey, I will download those directories then.

> 2.1.7, yes.

Yes, that was what I meant.

> Yes, in XF8632/.

I was unable to find that directory on the funet.fi mirror site
that I use - but it was on the freebsd ftp server, so I'll get
it from there.

> Be aware that FreeBSD's setup philsophy is completely
> different from Linux, so avoid the temptation to do things
>and look for things the way you did for Linux.

Okey, so I should completely forget my knowledge about Linux
during the installation? ;)

Anyway, it is great to see that one get support on a free
product, such as FreeBSD. But I will attempt to do the
installation during the weekend, and I hope that it is okey
that I write you back, if I run into major problems?

Thanks,

Lars

                        \\\|///
                      \\  - -  //
                       (  @ @  )
| Lars Falch                       webmaster@dbergstrom.dk |
| Supporter                       http://www.dbergstrom.dk |
                      oooO     (   )
                       \_)

  "Whoever controls what you see controls what you think."