Date:      Mon, 05 Jun 2000 00:38:07 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG (Freebsd Questions)
Subject:   Re: question

Bruce Burden writes:
> 	To mount a msdos floppy, add:
>
> /dev/fd0a               /a              msdos   rw,noauto       0       0
>
>    to your /etc/fstab. mkdir /a, and you are all set. Well, as long as
>    you have msdos filesystem support in the kernel...
>
> 	Otherwise, simply mount /dev/fd0a if you want a BSD floppy.

I've been asleep during this thread until now. Has anybody said
anything about /usr/ports/emulators/mtools/?

Mtools: mcd, mdir, mcopy, etc, are much easier to use than mounting the
floppy as they don't require the floppy to be mounted at all, just
inserted.

Using mtools you can not execute a file on the floppy.

Mtools might have problems with multiple simultaneous access to the
floppy files, where mounting the floppy won't.

Mtools supports long file names. Mounting might also too, but since
discovering mtools I've never bothered to mount a floppy.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net