Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 1996 10:01:09 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I'm rather annoyed with -current.

Jordan K. Hubbard stands accused of saying:

> Not only has the thread_init race problem still NOT been fixed (try a
> make world in -current using a 2.1-RELEASE system as the base - it
> will fall over!) but today we have this new problem:

Until my "new" hack machine pulled over to the side of the desk billowing
smoke, I'd establiched that the following were necessary prior to building
-current under 2.1R :

- build and install 'install' (required in the tools step)
- build and install 'rpcgen' (required before building includes)
- build and install libc (required by crt0)

> ===> lib/librpcsvc

This looks like the rpcgen one.

> I haven't been able to build -stable for several weeks now - is it
> just me, managing to try it on every single day that the tree is
> broken?  I'm about to give up on the whole idea of a 2.2-SNAP, to be
> honest! :-(

Hmm, did you mean -stable or -current there?  I'm about to rebuild -stable
on several of our systems, but if it's broken I won't 8)

> 						Jordan

]] "wherever you go, there you are" - Buckaroo Banzai                   [[