Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 08:54:03 -0700
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        "Jean-Pierre H. Dumas" <jphdumas@yahoo.fr>, Doug <doemill@shocking.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail vs qmail ?

At 11:35 PM 7/20/1999 -0700, Doug wrote:
>you can set up a .qmail-user for the non existent user in /var/qmai/alias/,
>and have the mail forwarded to that account sepcified like
>president@whitehouse.gov
>I dunno about not adding a user but having pop for a non-existent user,
>but security wise, sendmail can be secure if your an atentive admin, qmail
>is your best bet

 From the qmail.org web page, I found Paul Gregg's "Single UID Mailbox
HOWTO" at http://www.tibus.net/pgregg/projects/

I recommend qmail. Not only do I not worry about security with it, but
setting it up is so easy. Just a few files in /var/qmail/control about what
domains qmail accepts mail for, and you're pretty much all set.

Be sure to read the qmail FAQ.

--Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>