Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 05:38:42 +0100
From:      Ewan <abc87@dial.pipex.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   JDK set up

I'm a Linux novice trying to get the JDK up and running on Slackware
3.4. I installed the V98-7-21 version and got:

/usr/local/jdk1.1.6/bin/java: /usr/bin/uname: No such file or directory
java was not found in /usr/local/jdk1.1.6/bin//green_threads/java

Having no idea whether correct I did ln -s /bin/uname /usr/bin/uname
and retried.

I then get:

java was not found in /usr/local/jdk1.1.6/bin/i586/green_threads/java

which does not seem to exist. Am I missing something ? Is this port no
good for SLackware ? If so, can you point me to the right one please ?
If right, what about Swing ? Just recompile the Java sources ?

Thanks in advance for any help; please email by reply as I'm not on the
list.

Ewan