Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 23:16:12 -0800
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        stefanos@e-scape.net, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, -kevin- <kathey@pobox.com>
Subject:   Re: State of the union, 1999.

On Mon, Jan 11, 1999 at 10:24:10PM -0700, Wes Peters wrote:
> Kiakas wrote:
> >
> >         Let's think of this issue from a small business point of view.
> > Does the owner want to deal with the PR mess if some one starts spreading
> > rumors about devil worshipping at the company because they use FreeBSD?
>
> I've got a better idea.  Let's look at this from the point of view
> that it has been discussed over and over again before, long before
> you crowd of newbies ever flocked in here, and
>
> 	WE'RE NOT GOING TO GET RID OF THE DAEMON!
>
> If a company doesn't want to use the most stable, reliable operating
> system on the planet because they're afraid someone might call them
> a devil-worshipper, they're just going to have to live with that
> decision.
>
> 	WE'RE NOT GOING TO GET RID OF THE DAEMON!

And if anybody didn't quite get it, Chuck is here to stay.  Sheesh, the
next thing the B.T.s will try is to ban all names related to Damon,
Damien, etc...

Greg, self-appointed B.T.T.
--
Gregory S. Sutter                       "How do I read this file?"
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com                "You uudecode it."