Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:49:11 +0200
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems running Staroffice

Hi!

I'm experiencing a very strange problem with StarOffice:

Every time I start it, it compains about "Wrong format. Wrong
file format" (loosely translated from Swedish), and "A non
reparable error has occurred. All modified files have been saved
and can probably be resurrected at the next program start". When
clickin OK to the last alert, Staroffice coredumps with signal 6.
The first alert will pop up again as soon as it is okayed.

When I do
$ rm -r ~/Office51
and reinstall the personal part, it works fine again, but only
once or twice.

My suspicion is as follows:

everything is nfs mounted, both /usr/local, /usr/compat/linux and
/home.
everything is automounted using amd.

I get the feeling this has something to do with the problems.

Also, I run linux_procfs. The last thing truss sees is getpid()
(which does return a proper pid, though). Here's the tail of
truss, for what it's worth:

syscall linux_newselect(0x7,0xbfbfd968,0x0,0xbfbfd8e8,0xbfbfd8e0)
        returns 0 (0x0)
syscall gettimeofday(0xbfbfd8e0,0x0)
        returns 0 (0x0)
syscall linux_times(0xbfbfd81c)
        returns 6019194 (0x5bd87a)
syscall linux_times(0xbfbfd81c)
        returns 6019194 (0x5bd87a)
syscall linux_newselect(0x7,0xbfbfd968,0x0,0xbfbfd8e8,0xbfbfd8e0)
        returns 0 (0x0)
syscall gettimeofday(0xbfbfd8e0,0x0)
        returns 0 (0x0)
syscall sched_yield()
        returns 0 (0x0)
syscall linux_newselect(0x7,0xbfbfd968,0x0,0xbfbfd8e8,0xbfbfd8e0)
        returns 1 (0x1)
syscall linux_newselect(0x7,0xbfbfd968,0x0,0xbfbfd8e8,0xbfbfd8c0)
        returns 1 (0x1)
syscall linux_ioctl(0x6,0x541b,0xbfbfd010)
        returns 0 (0x0)
syscall read(0x6,0xbfbfd014,0x20)
        returns 32 (0x20)
syscall linux_times(0xbfbfd580)
        returns 6019195 (0x5bd87b)
syscall linux_times(0xbfbfd138)
        returns 6019195 (0x5bd87b)
syscall linux_times(0xbfbfd158)
        returns 6019195 (0x5bd87b)
syscall linux_times(0xbfbfd354)
        returns 6019196 (0x5bd87c)
syscall linux_sigaction(0x6,0xbfbfdd50,0x0)
        returns 0 (0x0)
syscall linux_sigprocmask(0x1,0xbfbfdc54,0x0)
        returns 0 (0x0)
syscall getpid()
        returns 2802 (0xaf2)
SIGNAL 6