Date:      Wed, 11 Mar 1998 07:57:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Daniel K Fry <daniel.fry@unh.edu>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Accton EN2216 PCMCIA

With PAO, things are different than stock FreeBSD.  I don't use PAO any more.
Don't need to, since stock FBSD works fine for my setup.

You will need to apply the PAO patches if you haven't already.  It's in
/stand/sysinstall, if you used the PAO install disk.  Once that's in place, you
edit the kernel and build it.  The patches activate everything you need to run
PAO.  In /stand/sysinstall in the PAO distribution is a help file.  Take a look
at Doc.

The PAO distribution should also have documentation if you are installing it
after the fact.

the PAO-971211 is for 2.2.5, so it may, and probably won't, work.  'Course, you
can always try it and see how it goes!  The boot floppy for 2.2.2 is availible
on the PAO site (www.jp.freebsd.org/PAO), which has all the patches, so you
don't need the distribution.

Patrick

P.S.  For my stock FreeBSD system on a Toshiba Laptop, I enabled apm0, crd0,
pcic0 and pcic1 in the kernell file and built it.  (I also disabled all the
other ethernet devices except ed0 to make the kernel a little smaller.)  It's
been a while, so I'm not sure if I had to make any devices in /dev.

Patrick