Date:      Fri, 30 May 2014 12:24:55 -0300
From:      Joseph Mingrone <jrm@ftfl.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg/poudriere: unwanted dependencies

Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org> writes:

> Joseph Mingrone <jrm@ftfl.ca> writes:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I did a nullfs mount of /var/db/ports on
>> /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/options, created
>> /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf (shown below), then I fed the
>> output of portmaster --list-origins | sort -d >
>> /usr/local/etc/poudriere-list to poudriere bulk.  After doing a pkg
>> upgrade with the newly-created poudriere repo configured, pkg still
>> wants to install things like perl-5.16 and hal despite my configured
>> ports not depending on hal or perl-5.16.  Am I missing something?
>
> Are you sure those ports aren't dependencies of something your intended
> ports depend on? It's easy enough to check; just look for perl as a
> "deps" entry in the rest of your packages (or if you already have them
> installed after a "pkg upgrade", just ask pkg by trying to delete
> perl).

They weren't the dependencies that I expected.  For example, I had
perl-5.18 installed and as the default version in make.conf.  I'm still
getting used to some subtleties of pkg(ng)/poudrieire, so I'm not sure
exactly why this solved the problem, but instead of the nullfs mount of
/var/db/ports on /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/options, I used poudriere
options and things seem to be working as expected now.

Thanks,

Joseph