Date:      Wed, 07 May 2014 15:11:11 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-ports-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        Frank Seltzer <frank_s@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        bapt@freebsd.org, kde@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Update of databases/libiodbc

Frank Seltzer <frank_s@bellsouth.net> writes:

> Following these instructions
>
> 20140505:
>   AFFECTS: users of databases/libiodbc
>   AUTHOR: bapt@FreeBSD.org
>
>   libiodbc no longer provide the odbc compatibility
>
>   Rebuild all ports that are linked to libiodbc
>   # portmaster -r libiodbc
>   or
>   # portupgrade -r databases/libiodbc
>
> and using portmaster -r libiodbc I get
>
> ===>>> The following actions will be taken if you choose to proceed:
>         Re-install libiodbc-3.52.8_2
>         Upgrade qt4-odbc-plugin-4.8.5 to qt4-odbc-plugin-4.8.6
>
> ===>>> Proceed? y/n [y]
>

> libiodbc completes successfully and then I get
>
> In file included from src/sql/drivers/odbc/qsql_odbc.cpp:42:
> src/sql/drivers/odbc/qsql_odbc.h:66:10: fatal error: 'sql.h' file not
> found
> #include <sql.h>
>          ^
> --- main.So ---

Hmm. sql.h is now installed (by libiodbc) in a different directory than it
used to be. /usr/local/include/libiodbc/sql.h isn't being pulled in by the
qt4-odbc-plugin port. It's not immediately obvious to me how a qt port
without configure is expected to specify include and library paths, but I'm
sure somebody with more acquaintance with it would know offhand.