Date:      25 Aug 2000 15:24:50 +0200
From:      Roland Jesse <jesse@mail.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Hardware accelerated OpenGL using XFree on FreeBSD

I just wanted to ask whether some hardware OpenGL is at all possible
when running XFree86.

My budget allows me to get a new graphics card. The question is which
one. Currently, I am using an Elsa Erazor III (TNT 2) which runs fine
but not as fast as I would like to. As comments in the VTK mailing
list state, the GeForce lacks hardware picking functionality.

Is there anything better to go for when we are talking about pc
hardware?

Thanks for any pointers.

        Roland

P.S. I am a subscribed to this list, so there is no need to Cc me
     directly.