Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 1998 23:22:27 -0500
From:      Kenneth Rogers <nethdnd@mis.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing from MS-DOS partition

Is it possible to install from a FAT 32 partition?

Or is it possible to recover a system that locked up using the binary up
date?
I was updating from 2.2.6 to 3.0, and my ISP disconnected me and it
couldn't seem to resume, finally core dumped and when I reboot to
kernel.prev it fails to find the file system so that I can run the
Installation and ppp again.

(I know I should have used the src update but I didn't have enough drive
space to get all the sources and compile them)

Thanks

KR