Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2001 20:28:57 -0500
From:      Steve Price <steve@havk.org>
To:        Chris Elsworth <chris@shagged.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Possibly unbuildable ports reminder

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 02:24:14AM +0100, Chris Elsworth wrote:

> Ah yes. The mirrors I tried all had the old file.
>
> So, would you suggest that if I want to start looking at broken ports, I
> turn off MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE?

Yes that would be a good starting place.  The package building
clusters try to grab the files from the MASTER_SITE (which is
what most users will do) and if the file has changed there it
will squeal.  Using mirrors is great but the files the mirrors
have don't get updated until they change on ftp.freebsd.org.
They won't change on ftp.freebsd.org until the port is fixed. :)

-steve